14 February 2011

Conversations with a 4 year old

I was tucking Sabrina into bed when she asked for a story. I told her that I would tell her a story but wouldn't read a book as she had wanted to play hide and seek rather than have a story.
Sabrina: "Tell me a Jesus story. The garden one."
Angela: "When Jesus is praying in the garden?"
Sabrina: "Yes."
So, I tell her about Jesus praying, Judas and the soldiers arresting Jesus and beating him up.
Sabrina: "Don't forget about them putting his feet on the cross."

It is amazing what children remember and learn. It is so true that children have an innocent faith regarding Jesus and His amazing love.


Earlier in the evening, we played hide and seek this evening. I was hiding under the stairs in the storage room and Sabrina had finished counting.
Sabrina: "Mommy, I know you are up stairs." She goes up the stairs and looks around. Then hollers. "Mommy, where are you?" I wait it out as Sabrina has a tendency to give up looking quickly. She comes downstairs and looks around quickly. Then she asks Scott, "Daddy, where is Mommy?"

Scott: "She has to be somewhere in the house. Where did you look?"
Sabrina: "I think she is upstairs."  As they are looking in closets, etc,
Scott: "Do you think Mommy is in here?"
Sabrina: "No, Mommy has big arms and legs."

No comments:

Post a Comment